Mr. Pellegrini is one of the founding partners of Pellegrini & Mendoza and a member of our corporate practice. He has broad experience in representing public and private companies, based in the U.S. and abroad, in a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, including unsolicited offers to tender, joint ventures, private equity investments, restructuring and outsourcing transactions, and other corporate and transactional matters. Mr. Pellegrini has practiced law both in the U.S. and abroad and has represented clients in some of the most complex domestic and cross-boarder transactions.
In this context, Enrico has been involved in matters such as:
- Representing buyers and sellers in a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, and related matters (e.g. drafting and negotiating shares and assets purchase agreements, complex merger agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, operating agreements, non-disclosure agreements, registration rights agreements etc.).
- Representing companies in
unsolicited offers to tender and related matters (eg. Schedule TO, offer
to purchase, Schedule 13D, press releases etc.).
- Acting as counsel in global restructuring of leading media companies and credit card groups in connection with their initial private offerings in multiple jurisdictions.
- Representing leading equity fund
firms in the acquisition of majority and minority interests in publicly
- Acting as counsel to leading
banking groups to global outsourcing of their data services and
- Settlement negotiations and agreements in connection with Rule 10b-5 claims in the contest of joint venture agreements.
- Acting as counsel to issuers and underwriters in public, private and debt offerings.
- Advising clients on the disclosure and compliance requirements of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and other applicable laws and regulations and other corporate governance matters.
Mr. Pellegrini received his primary and secondary education in French, and subsequently studied Latin and Ancient Greek at the Liceo Massimo D'Azeglio, in Turin, Italy, where he graduated with Highest Honors. He received a Law degree in 1995 from the UniversitÓ degli Studi di Torino, Italy, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude; and his Masters in Law Degree (LL.M.) from the University of Chicago in 1998. He is the author of a thesis on: "The comparison of European Union countermeasures to remedies provided by the World Trade Organization, regarding state aid to private companies." Mr. Pellegrini is admitted to practice law in New York and Italy and has practiced law in both jurisdictions with premier firms. He is fluent in Italian and French.